Q1. 1 The IP address of user’s PC and that of MyPBX are in different network segment.
For example: In company A, the IP address of the gateway is 192. 168. 1. 1 . The IP address of the user’s PC is 192. 168. 1. 10, subnet mask: 255. 255. 255. 0, gateway: 192. 168. 1. 1. Please note that the default IP address of MyPBX server is 192. 168. 5. 150
In this case, the user would like to change the IP address of MyPBX to 192. 168. 1. 200, which is in the same segment with the company network.
Please follow the steps to change the IP address:
Note: Hereinafter the admin PC (IP address: 192. 168. 1 . 10) will be called PC A.
- Connect the LAN port of MyPBX to the Internet service via a cable and then power on MyPBX.
- Change the IP address of PC A to 192. 168. 5. 0 segment.
- Start-> Control Panel-> Network and Internet Connection-> Network Connection-> Local Area Connection, and double click it. (See Figure1-1)
- Click “Advanced”, and then click “IP settings”-> ”IP address”-> ”Add” (See Figure 1-2). In the popup window, enter an IP address with a same segment with MyPBX server (e. g.: 192. 168. 5. 61, but please note that this IP address shall not conflict with the IP address on the existing network), see Figure 1-3.
- Start the IE browser on PC A. In the address bar, enter the default IP address of MyPBX: http://192.168.5.150. Step. 4: Enter the user name and password when the login page appears.
Default user name: admin
Default password: password
Note: If you fail to reach MyPBX login page with http://192.168.5.150, please check if the indicator light is lit green. If not, please check the connection between the cable and the LAN port.
- After login, please select the “Network Settings”? ”LAN Settings”. The LAN Settings page appears. (See Figure 1-4)
- Change the IP address on the “LAN Settings” page as below:
IP address: 192. 168. 1. 200
Subnet Mask: 255. 255. 225. 0
Gateway: 192. 168. 1. 1
Primary DNS: 192. 168. 1. 1 Then click “Save” to save the change. (See Figure 1-5)
- After clicking “save”, there appears the “reboot now” button on the screen. Please click this button to reboot the server in order to apply the changes.
- After successful rebooting, the User could enter http://192.168.1.200 in the IE address bar to login the MyPBX configuration panel.
- The change of default IP address is completed.